St. Johns County Emergency Operations Center hours of operation will be 8am – 5pm as we continue recovery operations. Citizens Information Line, 904.824.5550 will continue to answer citizen’s questions regarding recovery from Hurricane Matthew from 8am – 5pm.
FEMA Individual Assistance:
Homeowners, renters and business owners in St. Johns County may apply for federal disaster assistance for uninsured and underinsured damages and losses resulting from Hurricane Matthew.
To be eligible for federal aid under FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program, storm damage and losses from the hurricane and flooding must have occurred as a result of Hurricane Matthew, beginning on October 3.
Survivors are encouraged to register with FEMA as soon as possible. If you have phone and/or internet access, you may register:
• Online at DisasterAssistance.gov, or
• On the FEMA Mobile App, or by
• Calling 800-621-3362 (FEMA). Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may also call 800-621-3362. People who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585.
• The toll-free numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
• Multilingual operators are available. Press 2 for Spanish and press 3 for other languages.
Assistance for eligible survivors can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, and for other serious disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses or funeral and burial costs. Long-term, low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also may be available to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance and do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations.
Survivors should contact their insurance company to file their insurance claim. FEMA is unable to duplicate insurance payments. However, those without insurance or those who may be underinsured may still receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.
Please see the following link for updates and recovery information in regard to Post Hurricane Matthew for St. Johns County http://www.co.st-johns.fl.us/index.aspx
• For the most up-to-date information regarding the City of St. Augustine recovery from Hurricane Matthew please visit: http://www.citystaug.com/alert_detail.php
St. Johns County residents are urged to stay vigilant throughout the recovery process when hiring contractors to repair home or business damage due to Hurricane Matthew. To report fraud, please call the State Attorney General’s Fraud Hotline at 1.866.966.7226.
St. Johns County Chamber of Commerce has provided the following information to assist businesses in recovering from Hurricane Matthew
For further information please contact
St. Johns County Emergency Management – 904.824.5550